Monday, April 23, 2012

Branson Trip, Day Three... April 19, 2012

Day Three of the trip was very much like Day Two.  :)  Shopping...shopping...eating... shopping... eating... Oaks.  ha ha.  Before we got too involved in all of that, however, we spent a little bit of time in the morning, viewing some of the tornado damage along Highway 76.

The tornado happened on Leap Day, Feb 29th, 2012.  I was actually aware of it as it was going on.  I had gone to bed that night, leaving my television on.  I knew that bad weather was on the way, and I wanted to be sure to be on top of things throughout the night.  Any time I would wake up or roll over, I'd glance at the tv and see where the storms were at.  I woke up at one point, and they were broadcasting that there was a tornado ripping through the main area of Branson.  I want to say it was a little after 1AM, but I'm not positive.  This is the same system that woke me up a few hours later when my county was put under a tornado warning...and shortly after that a tornado ripped through Harrisburg (which has been fighting tooth and nail to get money from FEMA for all their millions of dollars of damage).

Anyway...this is just a small portion of what we saw...some places had already managed to patch things up.  But some, as you will see, were too far beyond the "patching up" status.











In driving around, we found Mater!  So naturally, I had to stop and snap some pictures for Dakota.  :)




Then we saw the Oaks again that night....




Richard Sterban

William Lee Golden (finally without the hat to cover his eyes!)


Joe Bonsall
During intermission, Joe and I "tweeted" with each other.  I found it pretty amusing that I was sitting on the front row tweeting him...and he was backstage tweeting back.  ha ha ha...  

Duane Allen


Joe and Richard being silly  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...