Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Branson Trip, Day One... April 17, 2012

So...this is the first "real" vacation that I've had since moving back home to Illinois.  I don't quite know what to do with myself.  I usually just take a day here and a day there...or a half-day here and a half-day there.  So this is a definite treat!

We loaded up the car this morning...


Wow...just a little bit of stuff in there!
 After we were all loaded up...we put three people across the back seat of the Jeep... Nancy, Sarah and Judy.  Mom rode in the passenger seat...and I drove.  Off we went...headed to Branson. 

We had a couple of stops along the way, of course...



Nancy, Judy, Sarah and Mom....Haven't you ever wondered what your retired elementary teachers do in their spare time? 
 We stopped for gas after heading south from I-44, and found the cheapest gas of the day.


We got to Branson and checked into our hotel...then grabbed dinner at Panera...then headed to the Oaks' Theatre.  This is the first time I've been to their theatre.  They've had their name on it for a few years, but I haven't been to Branson since 2007. 


Yay Boys!  :)

The show was awesome...of course.  ha ha.  Seriously, though.  After seeing these guys for 30 years, I have never once left a show without a smile on my face.  They are just simply THAT good.  They are one of those artists that you have to see perform live...to really get the full effect of what they are all about.  The silliness, the seriousness, the talent.  It's all there.  Wrapped up in four guys who have managed to continuously please audiences night after night.  All from different...yet similar backgrounds, who happened to end up together.  They listened to their calling...and it worked out just fine.  :)


William Lee Golden

Richard Sterban


Joe Bonsall

Duane Allen

And here is an example of some of the silliness I mentioned above...  :)  Thanks Duane, for being you!  hee hee...  I absolutely LOVE the following two pictures. 




That concludes Day One.  Stay tuned for the next blog...  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...