Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Randomness as of December 14, 2011

What do Abraham Lincoln, Otis the Tractor, Hello Kitty, my office, and lemons have in common?  Excellent question.  If you figure it out, let me know...because these are the things on my mind at the same time.  ha ha!

Abraham Lincoln...
A couple of weeks ago or so, I was hanging out with my nephew, Dakota.  He just turned one year old in October.  When he's at my house, he likes to run down the hallway and into my bedroom...then giggle while he hits the side of the bed (which is much taller than he is!).  I'll follow him in there, and pick him up and put him on the bed.  He waves at my cat, Lincoln...then tries to love on him.  Lincoln, of course, wants nothing to do with this little human child.  But he is very good about tolerating him, none the less.  :)  Anyway... this one particular day, Lincoln-cat was in a bad mood and was trying to go to the far corner of the bed, away from Dakota.  I grabbed Dakota and told him to tell Lincoln "bye".  Dakota looked at Lincoln-cat, then turned around to face the wall behind me...and started waving at the wall.  This...is what hangs on that wall (the only thing, mind you)...

 Smart kid, huh??  And then here's what Lincoln-cat usually looks like when Dakota is on the bed with him (notice the evil look from Lincoln)...




Otis the Tractor...
 It was very hard this year to find things to buy for Dakota for Christmas.... HA HA HA!  Yeah, right.  Who am I kidding?  Anyway... out of all of the things I bought for ANYONE this year, Otis is my absolute favorite.  Dakota better like him, too.  ha ha.  I love Otis so much, I am thinking about getting a second one.  One for our house, and one for Dakota's house.  Or maybe I'd put the second one away and save it for when Dakota is grown and give it to him as a sentimental gift?  Or save it for Dakota's kids?  I know...I'm getting WAY ahead of myself there.  But still.  Isn't this one of the cutest things you've ever seen??









Hello Kitty...
So I was in Target last night...aimlessly roaming the aisles.  They almost always have Hello Kitty stuff on an endcap, like the gumball machine, a toaster, etc.  But last night I saw something I had never seen before.  And I immediately thought of Meghann (as I always think of her when Hello Kitty is involved).  If I had a spare $80 and then another $50 to ship it to her in Arizona...I would totally have done it.  Check it out!  (Meghann...you have to get one for your new place!!!)



My office...
I decorated my office for Christmas.  It's the only place that is my very own (other than my bedroom at home, in which there is no space to put up anything Christmas-y, really).  So I had some fun with it.  :)  I also have a candle warmer...and a pine scented jar candle that sits quite nicely on it, that makes my office smell like a Christmas tree.  It's awesome.  :)






Lemons...
Back to Dakota...who has decided that he likes to eat lemons.  Yep, lemons.  I am not sure why, exactly.  But a week or so ago, we were all out to eat.  There was a lemon slice in a little bowl (we had all eaten fish dinners, so there were some extra lemon slices hanging around on the table).  Anyway...Dakota picked one up and stuck it in his mouth.  Now...I sadly did not have the camera with me that night.  *gasp*!  I know!  But fear not, friends!  We brought the extras home, in order to recreate the scene.  :)  So here are those pictures.  And he did, indeed, suck the lemon dry...yet again.







And that concludes my randomness...as of December 14, 2011.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...