Friday, February 3, 2012

On this day...

On this day, 36 years ago, I was born.  Yay for me!!  :)  ha ha...

Here I am on my 1st birthday...






Some facts about February 3rd, 1976...

In 1637...Tulip mania collapses in the Netherlands as sellers could no longer find buyers for their bulb contracts.
In 1690... The colony of Massachusetts issues the first paper money in America. (AWESOME!)
In 1783... American Revolutionary War: Spain recognizes United States independence.
In 1809... The Illinois Territory is created.
In 1870... The 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing voting rights to citizens regardless of race.
In 1913... The 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect an income tax (I'm sorry...).
In 1959... A plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa, kills Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper and pilot Roger Peterson in an incident that becomes known as "The Day the Music Died." (so not cool...)

Here is my 2nd birthday party...



Other people born in this day are...
1894 -- Norman Rockwell
1904 -- Pretty Boy Floyd


I think this might have been my 3rd birthday...



1976 this week on the charts...


  • "This time I've hurt her more than she loves me" by Conway Twitty, #1 on the Country Singles Chart
  • "50 ways to leave your lover" by Paul Simon, #1 on Billboard Singles Chart
  • "Black Bear Road" by C.W. McCall, #1 on Country Albums Chart
  • "Gratitude" by Earth, Wind & Fire, #1 on Billboard Albums Chart
  • "Curtain" by Agatha Christie, #1 on New York Times Bestseller List


I think this is my 5th birthday...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! But I thought you were 35. : ) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha... Nope. 36. :) But sadly, I had to think about it really hard once I read your note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so cool that you have these photos, but then again, knowing how you guys roll at your house, why wouldn't you? :) Happy belated birthday again! I hope you had a good time. Wish we were at Changs together for dinner or something cool. Love and miss you girlies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghann.... You just had to go and mention Changs, didn't you. Hmmph. Now I want it. Bad. ha ha ha... Is there a Changs halfway between us somewhere?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the first Chang's EVER is right down the street from me and that Jon still know the whole staff from working there so he can probablty hook us up. ;) I guess we'll just have to plan a PHX trip for all you girlies...it'll be like old times!

      Delete

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...