Thursday, December 22, 2011

Amanda's Cookie Extravaganza and More...

Several years ago, I began hosting Christmas parties for my friends.  I honestly don't even remember when the first one was...so if anyone does happen to remember (Stacey?), please tell me.  I can't even remember which apartment I was living in during the first one (maybe Madison?).  ha ha.  But no matter... it was a while ago.  Over the years, the guests may have changed...but one thing remained constant.  The Cookies. 

When I had my own place, I was a cookie baking fool for the whole month of December.  Stacey renamed my Christmas party, "Amanda's Cookie Extraganza and More" one year.  I liked that.  :)  So much so, that the following year, that is what went out on the invitations!  However, since I moved home to IL, I have hardly baked anything at all.  I am not sure what happened.  I miss baking all those crazy cookies...and I miss sharing them with everyone in the world that I know.  But I just can't seem to get motivated to bake.  :(  It makes me sad.  I'm hoping that maybe...just maybe...this blog will inspire me to run to the kitchen and start baking something.  :)  That would be awesome.

The last party that I had, was in 2009....TWO YEARS AGO!  I am making the decision right now....RIGHT NOW....there WILL be an Amanda's Cookie Extravaganza and More in December of 2012.  I need to get back to hosting.  I miss it.  My favorite part is sharing all the cookies and seeing everyone go back for another one.  :)  I also miss having all my friends in one place together for a few hours, visiting and eating delicious finger-foods and desserts.  There are a lot of wonderful memories from those get-togethers.

I found some pictures from the last few years of parties...and I will post them now.  This is just a smidgen of the fun that we have. 



from 2007:

The Pulte Girls


The old Shepherd Hills crew


The Girls



from 2008:



The. Cookies.



Cole











This is what always happens when Preston is in charge of taking a few pictures.


Old friends are the best.









Making the boys pose



And it's inevitable that this (or some form of it) happens every year.


2009:  In 2009, after I'd moved back to IL...Brad and Stacey were kind enough to co-host the Christmas gathering at their house back in TN...



The 2009 Cookies





Me and my Stacey-friend


And then I had a party in IL in 2009, as well...



The IL Cookie table




Mr. Snider and 3 of his former 5th grade students






That concludes my trip down Cookie Extravaganza lane...  Stay tuned next year for updated party pics!  Maybe we can do something in TN again...anyone game?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...