Thursday, January 5, 2012

Randomness as of January 5, 2012

A bracelet...baking cookies...eating cookies...a boy and a truck... cats...a candle... and a super hero.  That's what I have for you today.  Any questions?  :)


A bracelet
For Christmas, one of my Sunday School kids (Domanic) gave me a present.  A bracelet.  His mom told me that he put it together himself and picked out what to put on it.  I love it!  I wore it this past Sunday morning, proud to show him I had it on.  He was very excited to tell me himself, that he'd "made" it all by himself.  Here it is...



Baking cookies
I did it.  I finally baked some cookies last weekend.  Woo hoo!!  I opted for oatmeal...since that is what my dad has been asking for.  No lie, he's been asking for them for at least the past 4 or 5 months.  So I made a big bowl of dough, then scooped out some and split it into three more little bowls.  The big bowl, I left plain oatmeal.  The little bowls got additions to the dough.  I added chocolate chips to one... peanut butter chips to one... and toffee bits to the third one.  Preston had come up with the peanut butter chips several years ago.  I can picture it even...we were shopping at Walmart in Franklin TN late one night.  Getting all the stuff I would need to make cookies for my Christmas party.  I asked him what I should add to my oatmeal cookies, to make them different.  He suggested the peanut butter chips.  I thought he was crazy...but they wound up being delicious.  Way to go, Preston!  However...this time with the toffee bits (first time I've tried them in the oatmeal)...I think I have a new favorite!




Eating cookies
The day after I baked the cookies, we had Dakota at our house all day.  So...naturally, I gave him a cookie.  This was his first time eating an Aunt Manda cookie.  Yay!!!!!!!!  He seemed pleased.








A boy and his truck
Later that same day of the cookie eating, I took Dakota outside to play.  It was super cold and windy.  That didn't matter, though.  There was only one place Dakota wanted to go.  The truck.  Any truck, really, would do.  But this particular day, it was Preston's old run-down truck that just sits out there taunting little Dakota. 






Cats
The other night I was sitting on the bed, watching tv, minding my own business.  Usually Lincoln is on the bed with me.  If Abe is in the house, he might be on the bed, too.  But the other night, Scout decided to join us, too.  This is what it looked like.



A candle
I have a candle warmer in my office at work.  Last month I had a pine-scented candle that I used with it.  This week I started using a pear-scented one.  Now...the pine candle melted evenly every day.  This new pear candle... well... it's not exactly doing that.  The first day I used it, I noticed a large hole in the wax on the outside (up against the glass, so I could see it).  When I got in my office this morning and went to turn it on, there was a large hollowed-out hole right in the middle...about an inch in diameter, and maybe 3 inches deep.  It was strange.  This afternoon, after it had been on for a few hours, the hole had disappeared...and the wax had come up out the top of the hole and was beginning to layer.  And then even later, it was completely melted right in the middle...but not around it.  Of course, I had to snap a couple of pictures.




A super hero
I got home today and found an envelope that had come in the mail.  It was from David, my first pretend nephew.  He was the first kid to call me "Aunt Manda".  Now he's 8 years old!  Anyway, there was this totally awesome picture of a new super hero inside... here's what it was...and then a couple of pics of the super hero himself, posing with it.





That's my complete randomness and insanity for the day...  Thanks for reading!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look soooo good, OMG I miss your cookies! I wonder if Dakota would have shared with me? Doubt it...can't say I blame him either. ;) ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...once you have your baby, maybe we can work something out with some cookies. :) I bet Dakota would have pretended to share with you...but he's such a tease. He does that with me sometimes. He'll hold out his snack to me and I'll pretend I'm going to eat it out of his hand...but right when I get close to it, he pulls it away and stuffs it in HIS mouth. hee hee... Such a silly little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...