Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some things never change

12 Noon...
I'm sitting here in the food court at Opry Mills. I'm looking around, and I realize that if I didn't know better...this might be a day 8 years ago. Except I hardly ever sat in the food court when I worked here. And there is a Disney Store (typical, right?) where my store used to be. But the people walking by are no different from those I watched walk by in those 5 years I worked in this mall.

6:30 pm...
Now I'm sitting at T.G.I.Fridays in Paducah. Dinner is complete and I'm ready to be home with my cat. Ha ha.

I'm also ready to be home to watch The Voice at 8pm. Tonight we find out if Tony makes it to the final four. Wow.

To recap this trip... We drove down yesterday and spent the evening in Cool Springs. Got to visit with Laura at the mall... She was awesome enough to take her break while I was there. So we got to hang out for a little while. Dinner last night was at Changs. Brad, Stacey and Melissa met us there. It was so good to see them, too! Then I went back to Melissa's to watch The Voice. Tony rocked, by the way. :)

This morning we got up and had the breakfast bar at Shoney's. After breakfast we went over to Mills. While there Nancy met me for lunch and we had a good visit, too. This brings me back to my original post...

I will close this diary of sorts...then post pics another time. This is my first entry from my phone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...