Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkins

I love Fall.  At least when the temperatures dip down into the 40's and there's a clean, crisp breeze in the air.  The leaves turn pretty colors, fall of the trees, and then dance across the yard.  That's a true Fall.  I'm still waiting on it.  Here in Southern Illinois (noooo....NOT Chicago), we've had the colors...and most of the leaves have fallen and done lots of dancing.  However, the temps are not cooperating.  This week has been better, but for the most part, so far, we've continued to be in the 70's during the daylight hours.  So to me, this is not really Fall.



With Fall...there are pumpkins.  Lots of 'em.  I love anything pumpkin.  Pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin pound cake (yep...already had one from the Kroger deli!), etc.  The current kitchen item is a pumpkin spice bread pudding cake (also from the Kroger deli).  It is okay...a little dry and not enough pumpkin taste for me.  But add some coolwhip on top...and it works.  :)

Another pumpkin in my life is my cat. His real name is Lincoln...but my dad tends to call him Pumpkin.  I'd like to say it's strictly because of the color of his fur.  However, my dad also likes to tease him for being "fat."  Lincoln is not fat...he is big boned.  =^..^=  At any rate, this particular "pumpkin" is my favorite.  He's my buddy and my favorite boy.  That's what I tell him all the time.  I feel bad (a lot) that he and I don't have our own place yet.  That he has to share his space and time with five other cats and a dog.  He's not thrilled about it, but he deals with it.


So...that's all that's on my brain at the moment.  I thought I'd keep it simple for the first blog.  Nothing too crazy.  :)

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Lincoln-poo! I didn't know your Dad calls him Pumpkin, that's adorable! I love all things pumpkin too! I had no idea it's been that warm over there...and here I was feeling sorry for myself because I know my Thanksgiving will be a warm one. But it's been in the 70s here too and that's cool by our standards ! :) Cute background, I love the "fall-y" feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I am so ready for the cold temps! I wish I could send some of it your way, too. :) Northern IL has already had snow (last week, I believe). I am very jealous of them...but I'm sure my snow-time is right around the corner and will probably happen when it's most inconvenient (like a work day, ha ha).

    ReplyDelete

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...