Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dakota photo-shoot weekend fun!

Dakota and I hung out this past weekend... We picked him up on the way home from dropping things off at a county fair.  That was Saturday afternoon.  He spent the night, and then we all met for dinner Sunday evening and made the exchange back to his parents.  :)

Needless to say, there were tons of pictures taken.  I had realized the week before...that all of the shopping trips I'd been on in the past few months...and I had all of these cute outfits for Dakota.  He obviously wasn't wearing any of it, because it was all still in shopping bags!  So I requested a sleepover.

We had lots of fun, and even though he's not as cooperative as he used to be with taking pictures...I managed to get a few keepers.  Dad also got out an old wading pool that was tucked away out in the shop, and Dakota was able to go splashing.  Yeah...I know I said "splashing" and not "swimming".  That's because all he wanted to do was splash you.  Not himself.  Just everyone else.  He thought it was quite hilarious to make you run or jump back screaming.  And truth be told...it WAS kinda fun.  :)

Here are some of my favorite pics of the Master.










Those were all from Saturday afternoon and evening.  Saturday night, Dakota and I baked some cookies.  Now, mind you, they were the pre-bought dough kind.  I don't think either of us have the patience at this point, to make "real" cookies together.  ha ha.  So we made Cars cookies...that had been in the fridge since Easter, just w-a-i-t-i-n-g for the perfect time to bake. 









Sunday began like this...  Dakota coming in and waking me up, then wanting up on my bed.  He practically shoved me out, so that he could hog all the pillows.  Notice Lincoln in the background with his face to the wall.  That's pretty much what he thinks of Dakota, even though I think Lincoln is Dakota's favorite cat at our house.  :)




Then it was time to get dressed and go take some more pictures!  Surprise!... bwahahahahaaa...







By the time the afternoon came around, Dakota was only wanting to be outside.  Nothing could make him happier, than being outside with his Papa (he even says "my papa").  So they watered the plants around the gazebo together...and it looked like this...


Filling up the bucket with leftover pool water (what didn't get splashed out!)



Playing and "watering" for Papa while Papa was watering elsewhere.  Notice Benjamin is supervising here.
 Anyway...it was exhausting...but super fun times!!  :)  I love hanging out with my nephew (as if anyone would ever question that, right??).  :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, when did he become a little boy!? Aw, I can't believe how quickly these babies are growing up! Great pics, I love his little wardrobe changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right??? I'm not sure when or how it happened, but it did. I see your latest pics of Jin and think the same thing! :)

      By the way...the Hawaiian shirt/shark combo was picked out in your honor. :)

      Delete

Mary Mathis, 1853-1929

Today you meet one of my 2nd Great Grandmothers, Mary Mathis.  Mary was born 171 years ago last week, on March 15, 1853.  She was one of 10 ...